So, where do you stand on beetroot? Let’s be honest: naked beets can be a bit of an acquired taste. Not everyone is into the earthy flavour of the bright, reddish-purple bulbs. Luckily, these ten easy recipes will convert even the staunchest beetroot-hater. Wanna bet?
1. [Raw Chocolate Beet Cheesecake](http://www.unconventionalbaker.com/recipes/raw-chocolate-beet-cheesecake/" target="_blank)
Audrey, a.k.a. The Unconventional Baker, adds beetroot powder to her raw cheesecake for a lovely pink hue. Rosebuds are the perfect garnish for this gluten-free dessert.
2. [Vanilla Beet Freakshake](https://veggiedesserts.co.uk/vanilla-beet-freakshake-healthy-treats-kids/" target="_blank)
This recipe by food writer, blogger and magazine columnist Kate Hackworthy is the perfect way to sneak in some veg into a healthy treat. The pink and white colour contrast is gorgeous. Kate is an expert in developing intriguing vegetable-based desserts. Do check out her [blog](https://veggiedesserts.co.uk" target="_blank).
3. [Fudgy Vegan Beetroot Brownies](http://natalietamara.co.uk/2014/11/23/beetroot-brownies-vegan/" target="_blank)
There’s something about the chocolate-beetroot-combination that just works. They both have deep flavours that simply go well together. Bonus: Hiding the beetroot in a chocolate cake, like these delicious fudgy brownies by vegan blogger Natalie Tamara, is probably the best way to avoid complaints by fussy eaters.
4. [Beetroot & Chilli Ketchup](http://www.thevegspace.co.uk/recipe-beetroot-chilli-ketchup/" target="_blank)
Making your own condiments can be surprisingly satisfying. (Just be warned: You won’t enjoy the store-bought stuff as much as you used to afterwards.) This spicy beetroot ketchup by Kate from The Veg Space is a nice change of pace from your typical tomato-based variety. Also perfect for people with tomato allergies.
It’s BBQ season! If you don’t know what to throw on the grill this weekend, why not try these beetroot burgers by Healthy Living James. Our tipp: Add some avocado, too, for that lush pink-and-green colour contrast.
6. [Beetroot Pizza with Vegan Almond Feta](http://www.myberryforest.com/beetroot-pizza-with-vegan-almond-feta/" target="_blank)
Why not healthify your pizza every once in a while? Make it colourful and interesting. The colours of this dish by Tiina from My Berry Forest are simply stunning. By the way, the almond feta is brilliant for salads or traditional Greek dishes, too.
7. [Vegan Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake](http://www.mydarlingvegan.com/2013/11/triple-chocolate-beet-bundt-cake/" target="_blank)
Another chocolatey beet treat, this time by My Darling Vegan. A whopping two cups of pureed beets are in this bundt cake, alongside chocolate chips, cocoa powder and a rich chocolate and coconut ganache on top. Mmhh...
8. [Red Velvet Hot Chocolate](http://www.catchingseeds.com/red-velvet-hot-chocolate/" target="_blank)
If you don’t have time for baking, we recommend a red velvet hot chocolate by Laurel from Catching Seeds. It’s quick and easy to make, yet satisfying, warming and healthy.
9. [Coconut Ice Truffles](http://www.thehungryherbivores.com/coconut-ice-truffles-sugar-free/" target="_blank)
They’re raw, they’re gluten-free, they’re easy to whip up. The pretty-in-pink truffles by Rosie from The Hungry Herbivores make for a healthy, colourful dessert.
10. [Beetroot & Lentil Vegan Pie](http://www.onlycrumbsremain.co.uk/2017/03/beetroot-lentil-vegan-pie.html" target="_blank)
A modern take on the quintessentially British dish: the savoury pie. Angela from Yorkshire developed this recipe for British Pie Week, but you can enjoy this veganised classic all year round.
What’s your favourite beetroot recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
About vanilla bean
vanilla bean is the largest vegan restaurant guide in the German-speaking countries and recently also launched in the UK and Ireland. The award-winning app has been introduced by Apple as one of the best new apps and has been featured by Huffington Post, Manchester Evening News, and PETA. Download the free app for your iPhone and Android smartphone [here](https://www.vanilla-bean.com/" target="_blank)!